Happy Birthday America
July 4th weekend is coming up and there is no shortage of things to do in Charlotte, NC to celebrate the holiday! Here is a rundown of some of the events happening for the 4th of July weekend:
- Presbyterian Hospital July 4th Spectacular - Fireworks and family fun activities at the Memorial Stadium in Charlotte City Center. Activities from 4-9 and fireworks at 9:30 (weather permitting)
- Charlotte Symphony Summer Pops - Sunday, July 3rd in South Park. The CSO performs Celebrate America, a performance including "America, the Beautiful," "God Bless America," "Battle Hymn of the Republic," and the "Liberty Bell March." Admission is $10 for adults and children are free (See also: Charlotte Symphony Orchestra Summer Pops Season 2011)
- Charlotte Motor Speedway Summer Shootout - The July 4th edition of this weekly summer event will include a huge fireworks display in addition to the Legends Car and Bandolero racing.
- WBT SkyShow - On July 4th, watch the Charlotte Knights baseball team take on the Norfolk Tides at Knights Stadium and enjoy a fireworks display set to patriotic music following the game (rain or shine).
- U.S. National Whitewater Center 4th of July Festival - 3 days of live music and fireworks from July 2nd through July 4th. Music begins at 4 each day with fireworks at nightfall. Bands include Jason Isbell (formerly of Drive-By Truckers) and the 400 Unit, Langhorne Slim, and Anders Osborne.
- Snow in July? The extreme Ice Center in Indian Trail is hosting a fundraiser for the USO. The Great American Snow Day seems like a great way to beat the heat before the fire works!
If you're looking for more options or other things to do in Charlotte, NC, visit CharlottesGotALot.com and you'll find a full events calendar with descriptions, links, photos, and more.